Event Overview - Race Date: August 15, 2015
WHAT IS A RELAY?
This long distance relay encompasses runners “handing off” to one another multiple times throughout the day. In the 100 on 100 Relay, each team member runs and then “Hands-off” to a teammate. The team member who just finished running then waits until all team members have run before eventually they “hand-off” back to the first runner. Each runner runs (3) times throughout the day completing roughly 16.5 miles in total.
WHAT IS THE 100on100 RELAY?
The 100 on 100 Relay is a team based distance running experience. The event starts early in the morning and most participants finish between 8:30 PM-10:30 PM. The total distance is 100 miles and the course follows scenic route 100 the entire way. Our course displays all the angles Vermont has to offer from small towns and farms, to mountains and lakes. This event serves as a charity fundraiser for Vermont based youth charities that promote active and healthy lifestyles in support of self-esteem development.
WHY SHOULD I DO AN EVENT LIKE THIS?
Relays are a tremendous team building experience. How often do you get to spend all day with 5 of your closest running friends? Relays are very supportive environments where you’ll meet lots of people with similar interests, and these people will cheer you on the entire day. The distance is a lot more approachable than you might initially think.
WHY CHOOSE THE 100on100 RELAY?
- We supply volunteers at no charge to you.
- Organizing 6 friends is easier than 12 friends as in longer races.
- You’ll get plenty of running in and we’ll let you sleep all night
- EMT’s at every Transition Area
- A killer party at the end-you won’t go away hungry
- Finish line lodging that accommodates your whole team
- High performance running shirts including women specific cuts
- Perfect timing for a pre-season tune-up for cross country teams
- Who knows Vermont better than Vermonter’s!